Woman slashes hubby snatcher with razor blade all over the face


A 22-YEAR-OLD woman appeared at the Harare Magistrates’ Courts facing assault charges, after she allegedly slashed her husband’s lover with a razor blade all over the face.

Annah Manyangaro pleaded guilty to the charge and was remanded in custody to October 31 by magistrate Bianca Makwande after she failed to provide the court with her full residential address.

Prosecutor Peter Kachirika told the court that the incident occurred on Tuesday at the corner of Speke Avenue and Chinhoyi Street, around 10pm in the Harare CBD.

The court heard Manyangaro used WhatsApp to communicate with the complainant, Wendy Machacha. She allegedly misled her into believing she was communicating with her boyfriend, Pathisani Moyo, Manyangaro’s husband.


The court heard Manyangaro then fooled Machacha into meeting her for them to sort out some social problems bedevilling their relationship.


When the two met, the court heard, Manyangaro proceeded to attack Machacha and used a razor blade to slash her on the face, shoulders and left hand several times.

During the scuffle, Machacha’s HTC cellphone was damaged and Manyangaro only stopped attacking her victim when police officers arrived at the scene.Machacha was advised to bring her affidavit before sentencing.

Meanwhile, 51 Epworth protesters, who are facing public violence charges following demonstrations against corruption at police roadblocks, are set to be tried on December 6 after the Prosecutor-General’s Office provided them with a trial date.

The suspects — Shaun Bako and 50 others — are being represented by lawyers from the Zimbabwe Lawyers for Human rights Gift Mtisi, Trust Maanda and Obey Shava.

The protesters had filed an application for refusal of further remand on different occasions without success citing the State’s delay in providing them with a trial date.

Initially the suspects appeared in court jointly charged with 55 other suspects, who were arrested in Mabvuku on the same day.

Shava demanded a report on the suspects’ previous complaints against the police, but the State indicated it did not have and was ordered by magistrate Bianca Makwande to provide one before the commencement of trial.

According to the State, police received information that protesters from the Greater Harare Association for Commuters Omnibuses were demonstrating in Epworth and blocking the smooth flow of traffic.

It is alleged when police arrived the protesters became violent and charged towards the law enforcement agents, leading to their arrest.Sebastian Mutizirwa appeared for the State.